Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by a website when you visit it. They contain details of your browsing history on that website and distinguish you from other users. Cookies send data back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or allow another website to recognise the cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and, for instance, remember your preferences and generally improve your online user experience.
Although this notice refers to the general term ‘cookie’, it also applies to similar tracking technologies that we use (such as ‘web beacons’, ‘clear GIFs’ and ‘pixel tags’).
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- let you navigate and do things on our website. In other words, some cookies are necessary for our website to function.
- collect statistics – the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through usage figures and patterns. For example, to see which pages of the website are the most popular and how users are interacting with them.
- analyse how individuals interact with us so we can improve our services.
- ensure that our website is secure – for example, to make sure that personal information that you give to us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- suggest content for you based on the pages of our website you have previously visited.
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why.
We also follow a standard procedure of using log files. These files log information about visitors when they visit websites. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, time stamp and the referring page. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends and security.
- Accepting Cookies
As some of our cookies are necessary for the functioning of our website, you cannot opt-out of our use of those cookies.
Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
There is software available which enables you to use settings that allow to you choose which cookies are set on your computer or mobile device, such as the Ghostery app.
You can also opt out of receiving cookies on the website for Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Updates to this notice
We may update this notice and so we recommend that you check this notice regularly. We aim to notify you of any significant changes by way of a notice on our website or by contacting you directly when reasonably possible.
Dated: 06 October 2020