The Copper Mark is an independent entity and builds on the advice of our multi-stakeholder Advisory Council.
The Copper Mark is incorporated in the United Kingdom since 2019. It is governed by our Board of Directors and the multi-stakeholder Copper Mark Advisory Council.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Copper Mark is governed by the Articles of Association. It includes three industry representatives, three non-industry representatives and the Copper Mark Executive Director:
- Ian Cooke, Independent, Chair of the Board
- Laurent Chokoualé Datou, Vice President, Public Affairs, International Copper Association (ICA), Vice-Chair of the Board
- Mark Loveitt, President, IWCC
- Jorge Iván Cantallopts Araya, Executive Director, Cesco
- Marielle Canter Weikel, Senior Director, Corporate Climate Solutions, Conservation International
- Cate Ballantyne, Managing Director, Impact Leadership Management Consultants
- Michèle Brülhart, Executive Director, The Copper Mark
The Copper Mark Advisory Council
The Copper Mark Advisory Council advises the Copper Mark Board of Directors by providing recommendations on the implementation of the Copper Mark’s vision and mission. Its responsibilities as defined in the Terms of Reference include the Copper Mark’s organizational development, as well as its program development and implementation.
Participants in the Copper Mark Advisory Council are:
- Alejandra Villanueva Ubillús, Affiliated Researcher at the Center for Studies in Mining and Sustainability (CEMS) at Universidad del Pacífico
- Andrea Vaccari, Director Product Stewardship, Freeport-McMoRan
- Andrew Jacobs, Manager, Sustainability Standards, Marketing
- Antonia Mihaylova, Special Adviser and Head, Director General’s Office, IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
- Bennett Freeman, Principal, Bennett Freeman Associates and independent business and human rights expert
- Bernd Moßhammer, Sustainability Manager (Purchasing), MAN Truck & Bus SE / Volkswagen Group
- Colby McCollum, Buyer, Southwire Company
- Doug Cahn, Principal, The Cahn Group, LLC
- Georgina Hallett, Chief of Staff, London Metal Exchange
- Gonzalo Delgado, Advisor, Sustainable Resource Development
- Jennifer Blaha, Director in the Corporate Climate Solutions, Conservation International’s (CI) Center for Natural Climate Solutions
- John Drexhage, Advisor, Climate Change and Sustainable Resource Development
- José Ignacio Pérez, Chief Executive, Chile Copper and Codelco Services Ltd.
- Kerri Abbott, Purcasing-Supply Chain Sustainability Responsible Material Sourcing, Ford Motor Company
- Kirsten Kück, Sustainability Manager, Aurubis
- Margaret Wachenfeld, Independent
- Sacha Backes, Senior Investment Officer, with a global development finance institution
- Stefan Priggemeyer, Corporate EHS and Standardization Affairs, Wieland Werke AG
- Thomas Pfister, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager, MAN Truck & Bus SE / Volkswagen Group
- Prof. Dr. Tumai Murombo, Professor, School of Law, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Victor Perez, Director of Green Mining, Corporacion Alta Ley
- Xin Zhou, General Manager, SafeFarm (Beijing) Science Company
Business Integrity Policy: The Business Integrity Policy guides the Copper Mark’s activities so as to help ensure compliance of the company with applicable laws and best practice.
Human Rights Policy: The Human Rights Policy formalizes the Copper Mark’s commitment to respect all internationally recognized human rights as relevant to our operations and our activites carried out as part of the Copper Mark Assurance Framework. It is implemented using the Human Rights Procedure.
The Copper Mark is financed primarily through annual fees of participating Copper Producers. The annual fee applies for each participating site and depends on the type and size of the operation. Details on the fee schedule can be accessed here. In addition, the Copper Mark benefits from a capital loan facility from the International Copper Association (ICA) and leverages funding through joint projects with partner organizations.
Read the Copper Mark’s audited financial statements here: