The Copper Mark is an independent entity and builds on the advice of our multi-stakeholder Advisory Council.
The Copper Mark is incorporated in the United Kingdom since 2019. It is governed by our Board of Directors and the multi-stakeholder Copper Mark Advisory Council. The Copper Mark uses its business integrity policy to guide The Copper Mark’s activities to help ensure that the company complies with applicable laws and best practice.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Copper Mark is governed by the Articles of Association. It includes three business representatives, one independent member and the Copper Mark Executive Director:
- Géraud Servin, Vice President, Strategy, ICA
- Mark Loveitt, President, IWCC
- Alejandra Wood, Executive Director, Cesco
- Ian Cooke, Independent
- Michèle Brülhart, Executive Director, The Copper Mark
The Copper Mark Advisory Council
The Copper Mark Advisory Council advises the Copper Mark Board of Directors by providing recommendations on the implementation of the Copper Mark’s vision and mission. Its responsibilities as defined in the Terms of Reference include the Copper Mark’s organizational development, as well as its program development and implementation.
Participants in the Copper Mark Advisory Council are:
- Alessandra R. Carreon, Purchasing – Responsible Sourcing, Ford Motor Company
- Andrea Vaccari, Director Product Stewardship, Freeport-McMoRan
- Andreas Torka, Vice President Research, Development & Innovation, Wieland Group
- Annie Bevan, Global Head of Sustainability, Superior Essex Communications
- Bennett Freeman, Principal, Bennett Freeman Associates and independent business and human rights expert
- Francis Sullivan, Senior Advisory, Sustainability, HSBC Holdings plc
- Georgina Hallett, Chief of Staff, London Metal Exchange
- Gonzalo Delgado J., Director, Centro de Estudios sobre Minería y Sostenibilidad, Universidad del Pacífico
- James Nicholson, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Trafigura Group
- John Drexhage, Consultant Energy and Extractives Practice, World Bank
- Kirsten Kück, Sustainability Manager, Aurubis
- Marielle Canter Weikel, Senior Director, Responsible Mining & Energy, Team Lead, Corporate Climate & Ecosystem Resilience, Center for Environmental Leadership in Business, Conservation International
- Victor Perez, Director of Green Mining, Corporacion Alta Ley
- Observer: Deanna Kemp, Trustee, Institute for Human Rights and Business
- Observer: Margaret Wachenfeld, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Human Rights and Business
The Copper Mark is financed by participating Copper Producers with initial funding from the International Copper Association (ICA). An annual fee applies for each participating site and depends on the size of the site’s production.