Founded and developed by the International Copper Association (ICA), the Copper Mark is an independent entity and builds on the advice of our multi-stakeholder Advisory Council.
The Copper Mark is governed by our Board of Directors and the multi-stakeholder Copper Mark Advisory Council.
Board of Directors
The initial Board of Directors of the Copper Mark includes three business representatives, two independent members and the Copper Mark Executive Director:
- Géraud Servin, Vice President, Strategy, ICA
- Mark Loveitt, President, IWCC
- Alejandra Wood, Executive Director, Cesco
- Assheton L. Stewart Carter, Ph.D., Board member – Independent
- Stella Fields, Board member - Independent
- Michèle Brülhart, Executive Director, The Copper Mark
The Copper Mark Advisory Council
The Copper Mark Advisory Council advises the Copper Mark Board of Directors by providing recommendations on the implementation of the Copper Mark’s vision and mission. Its responsibilities include the Copper Mark’s organizational development, as well as its program development and implementation.
Participants in the Copper Mark Advisory Council are:
- Andrea Vaccari, Director Product Stewardship, Freeport-McMoRan
- Andreas Torka, Vice President Research, Development & Innovation, Wieland Group
- Francis Sullivan, Senior Advisory, Sustainability, HSBC Holdings plc
- Gonzalo Delgado J., Director, Centro de Estudios sobre Minería y Sostenibilidad, Universidad del Pacífico
- James Nicholson, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Trafigura Group
- Kirsten Kück, Sustainability Manager, Aurubis
- Marielle Canter Weikel, Senior Director, Responsible Mining & Energy, Team Lead, Corporate Climate & Ecosystem Resilience, Center for Environmental Leadership in Business, Conservation International
- Victor Perez, Director of Green Mining, Corporacion Alta Ley